Original MTU parts. Genuine MTU spare parts
MTU has a long history full of many interesting twists and turns. One of the most interesting phases started in the early 1990s. The Cold War was over, defense budgets were cut and the effects of globalization did not spare the diesel engine industry. MTU engines were being used all over the world, but the company sold most of its engines within Europe. In order to grow, MTU had to extend its international reach and develop new products. One of the key steps to achieve these aims was the start of a collaboration with what was then the Detroit Diesel Corporation in 1994. Together, both companies developed new engines. In addition, Detroit Diesel took over the sales of MTU engines in the US, Mexico and Canada as well as in some South American countries. Today, the company is part of the Tognum Group with its core brand MTU. Detroit Diesel, however, has a long history of its own.
Detroit Diesel Corporation (DDC) is an American diesel engine manufacturer headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, United States and a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America, itself a wholly owned subsidiary of the German Daimler AG. The company manufactures heavy-duty engines and chassis components for the on-highway and vocational commercial truck markets. Detroit Diesel has built more than 5 million engines since 1938, more than 1 million of which are still in operation worldwide. Detroit Diesel’s product line includes engines, axles, transmissions, and Virtual Technician.
Detroit engines, transmissions, and axles are used in several models of truck manufactured by Daimler Trucks North America.